SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mobile Games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:34 pm 
"I'm not what you think I am..."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
So, mobile games aka mobage aka Gacha Games, endless source of woe and a bizarre flavor of unique joy. A lot of them are very obviously cashgrabs but there are also a surprising amount of decent to good ones.

My favorite is Terra Battle, and while I'm fond of the sequel Terra Battle 2, it doesn't quite stand up for me in comparison.

That said I'm also really big on Kingdom Hearts Union X, Shironeko Project, Sinoalice and on occasion Fate/Grand Order.

I have played a lot of other mobages and when it was still around, Devil Maker: Tokyo was my favorite, may it rest in peace. The first one I was serious about and made the effort to learn its intricacies. I guess a gacha game that allowed for pretty much everything to be obtained via effort and dedication didn't stand up to the more pay to win types...

Anyway! Let's talk about our favorites or just the ones we like in this thread, we may even find some new faves just by other's testimonials as to why they're so good. Gush and/or lament your salt away!

Post subject: Re: Mobile Games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm 
"Get a load of this!"
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Mobile version of Sonic CD and Pokemon Go are the only mobile games I've tried.

except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 pm 
"This was fated to happen."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
It's depressing cause I actually love a lot of the mobile games out there, but my phone is weak and lacks the storage space to play the big ones.

Lately though I've been playing this game called Coin Princess. Really fun idle game to be honest. Before that I played Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle which was fun!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
While many are blatant cash grabs, there are a select few mobile games that I still use nowadays, I might as well list them here.

:behold:

Those classic Sega rereleases:
Yes - you can play Sonic 2, Sonic CD and even freaking Crazy Taxi on mobile now.
They’re all great games, but the ads get in the way, the fact you can’t play them offline is disappointing.

Pako - Car Chase Simulator:
I think this is the only mobile game I ever paid for (apart from Minecraft many moons ago). I think there’s a free version around too. It’s well worth the price regardless, because it’s an extremely pure arcade game. Easy to get into, demanding to master.

Flappy Golf:
Don’t let the name put you off, this is more of a platform game than a golf game. It’s free, but turning off WiFi removes all the ads. Overall, it gives you a ridiculous amount of content for a single app - plus an awesome multiplayer mode, both online and local.

Drive Ahead:
This used to be one of my favourite mobile games hands down, though subsequent updates have made it more of a cash cow. That being said, there's still a perfect arcade game underneath. It probably holds the title for best local multiplayer on a phone app.

PUBG Mobile:
If your mobile device can run this, get it. The controls don’t translate as badly as you would expect. There’s no price or ads either. Nothing is like the paranoia you feel while playing this game, especially if it’s with friends. Best online mobile game by some distance.

Some web-based games which can be played on the mobile internet browser without downloading any apps:
There’s three that come to mind in this category. Firstly, Pokémon Showdown, a site where you can play Pokémon battles online - it works a treat on mobile. Google Quick Draw is a second fun distraction, as a bonus, it suits the touch-screen. Finally, don’t forget all the CAH websites.

And my top pick for mobile games is…

Basically any working emulator:
People with Android devices are in for a party, there’s so many top quality emulators supported: Dreamcast, PSP, you name it. Even if you have a non-jailbroken iOS mobile on the latest update, you can still get GBA4iOS, which means you've still got the entire GBA library to try!

All that’s left is for you to play these. :nomad:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Kirara Fantasia.

Its a gacha game but it has characters from New Game, Blend S, Yuru Camp, Sakura Trick, and a handful other animes. Also JP only :c

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I had a lot of mobile games come and go because most I've played are "daily reward" games, but eventually I reached a point in which it became more of a chore. I had this with Marvel Puzzle Quest. It was fun, but ever since I was inactive due to lack of memory space while requiring an update and I just quit because it was really a lot of pay to win.

I lately play Duel Links (Yu-Gi-Oh!) and I'm still loving it.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 am 
"Lovely Trick!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
i have a mobage problems and i have tried many, but there are ones i have consistently kept on my phone and gone back to on many occasions

cookie run ovenbreak, puyo puyo quest, deemo, and neko atsume

though, another one i enjoyed a lot was pangya mobile if y'all like golfing games

and i HIGHLY recommend deemo if you like music games with a heavy focus on piano, also story?! made me cry a lot

while not a "game", i also like dotpict as a mobile app for making pixel art on the go

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:37 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
The Counter of Death.

Fire Emblem Heroes is also pretty alright I guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:45 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Do emulators count? Because that's as far as I have got in terms of mobile games.

I don't hate them or anything, I just dislike touchscreen controls for stuff. The only game I play on my phone is a Japanese Mahjong game that works very well on the touchscreen and helps me learn hands and stuff.

I did finish Snatcher and For the Frog the Bell Tolls on my phone, which was nice. Might put FF5 on it is my PSP emulator keeps on being slow and awful. Oh, and I do play some Dreamcast games from time to time, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia run damn near perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 am 
"This was fated to happen."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I got an emulator and now I'm playing Fire Emblem Heroes. It's a really fun game!