SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I think I disliked Zelda as a kid. People loved it and I didn't get what the fuss was all about. I played Minish Cap on a friend's save and didn't really enjoy it back then. Later on I found out you could play as a wolf (Twilight Princess) I figured I'd give it a go. I ended up enjoying it and it's my favorite franchise right now.

Kind of ironic, since I can't think of anything else I hated as a kid but loved as an adult.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:30 pm 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Oh, that reminds me, I did "hate" Sonic when I was 4, even though I hadn't played any of the games myself at that point. Not sure if that counts, considering I might not of even known what I was talking about, considering I watched and enjoyed AoSTH, which was my only exposure to the Sonic franchise at that point.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:14 pm 
"Get a load of this!"
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
AoStH was also my first exposure to Sonic, but I always remember loving the character.

except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:47 am 
"You're not even good enough to be my fake."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I had this Hello Kitty DS game when i was younger that i adored. The sheer fact that i used to be a girl who loved Monster High and Hello Kitty and the sheer fact that now i'm an edgy tomboy who loves Sonic and has her favorite character as Shadow (i've always loved Sonic, i've been playing it since i was 4 years old, i just am really into it now) can tell you what i think of it now. That's right, it sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:39 am 
"Ascension!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Quote:
I had this Hello Kitty DS game when i was younger that i adored. The sheer fact that i used to be a girl who loved Monster High and Hello Kitty and the sheer fact that now i'm an edgy tomboy who loves Sonic and has her favorite character as Shadow (i've always loved Sonic, i've been playing it since i was 4 years old, i just am really into it now) can tell you what i think of it now. That's right, it sucks.
If only you had the PS2 Hello Kitty game in which she fights a tank while on roller skates instead. That game absolutely provided me with the harder edge that I desire from my kawaii stationary cat video game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 pm 
"You're not even good enough to be my fake."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Found that Hello Kitty game.
Apparently it's only from 2009 though. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 pm 
"Jackle, the Mantle"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I grew up with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro first, years before I got Mario or Sonic. I latched onto Spyro but it took me until the N. Sane Trilogy to really like Crash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 pm 
"Ascension!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Quote:
I grew up with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro first, years before I got Mario or Sonic. I latched onto Spyro but it took me until the N. Sane Trilogy to really like Crash.
I kind of had a similar thing happen with me when it came to Crash and Spyro. I always liked both but as a kid I vastly preferred Spyro and never got what everyone seemed to see in Crash over Spyro and why it was the more popular game around school. Nowadays I think the Crash games are fantastic. As for Spyro? i hate to admit this but the most recent time i played through year of the dragon i actually thought it was pretty bad

Funnily enough, same thing happened with Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter. Loved Ratchet much more as a teen, now much prefer Jak & Daxter I still really like Ratchet though, even if now I find the humour and cutscenes far more obnoxious now than I used to (god, Courtney Gears). Jak on the other hand, I was one of those Precursor Legacy faithfuls back when I first played the series that hated the darker turn Jak II took, but after replaying it I actually think it's far more hilarious and tongue in cheek than I gave it credit for back then. I seem to just find Insomniac's writing, characters and humour more and more obnoxious as time passes disappointingly. Sunset Overdrive is just straight up unbearable for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 am 
"What you see is what you get! Just a guy who loves adventure!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Back when I had Sonic Gems Collection on my GameCube, I stayed away from Vectorman whenever I could (mainly because I couldn't get past the first level without cheating). I still suck at it, but now I'm able to make it to the second level. I have yet to actually beat the game.