SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: E3 2018.
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Only a few weeks till utter disappointment, but damn it I want to see it now. What are your hopes, dreams and realistic expectations for E3 this year? Copying what I said in a thread a few weeks ago:

Well, I'll just talk about the big three since no one cares about Bethesda, EA or Ubisoft, and even then they'll just show trash.

Sony: Sony's conference last year was terrible. It was just things we saw last year and nothing more. It really confused me as to WHY Sony would do this, especially since they usually have great E3's. But Adam Korolik really made me think about it differently. He basically said that Sony's E3 wasn't about them showing stuff but more a deadline they had to meet (if you get what I'm saying). For Sony, E3 2017 was just a thing they had to get through and they showed stuff from last year. Not because they had nothing to show, but because what they wanted to show was either too early in development or not worthy enough to show to the public.

THIS E3, we'll see some big stuff from Sony, that's for sure. What they show, I'm not sure. But I hope it can be The Last of Us 2 gameplay and release, Shenmue 3 gameplay (if they still care) Spyro Trilogy gameplay maybe and some other stuff as well. All I know is that Sony will probably win E3 this year with what they show, it'll be big no matter what.

EDIT: Although, from what I've heard they'll just be showing 4 big games. Spiderman 2, Days Gone, Detroit and Last of Us. This is kinda worrying because I wanted to see more surprising announcements.

Microsoft: Well my opinion of Microsoft being the wildcard is kinda out the window now. Microsoft just seem to show unappealing indie games, multiplats and maybe an exclusive or two and that's it.

The only thing I like from Microsoft's E3 conference last year was Metro Exodus and Backwards Compatibility. Granted, it was more than Sony but overall it wasn't very impressive. (Actually Backwards Compatibility is VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE, but I mean overall in the quantity department)

All I'd really want from Microsoft at this point would be some exclusive titles I'd want, I always say that they should just put some of that useless money they use to get timed exclusives and marketing deals and try to, oh I don't know, FUND EXCLUSIVE GAMES?

But if they can't give me that, then maybe some Exodus Gameplay and release date, more Backwards compatibility titles, Halo 6 so I can laugh at it and then eventually buy it and uhhhhh, that's about all I can think for Microsoft. Yeah, not many high hopes here.

Nintendo: Nintendo are always pretty great to be honest, the Switch is a success so they'll hopefully tread the waters with a new old game like F-Zero or Advance Wars. God I'd LOVE to see one of those two on here. Realistically, I guess we'll see some Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, Smash (maybe?), Pokemon (maybe?) and some other Nintendo exclusives we all know and love. If anything it'd be nice to see some ports as well, or some remasters of older games or even some stuff like a Gamecube Virtual Store, now that would be pretty cool.

Overall, this E3 should be good, and I'm hoping Sony and Nintendo will deliver, and Microsoft will surprise us.

Post subject: Re: E3 2018.
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Things I'm expecting from this year's E3 is more info on Smash 5, maybe Pikmin 4 since apparently that's been in development for a few years now, Pokemon Switch, and maybe a few notable spinoff titles. The Last of Us 2 gameplay would be neat, but what I'm really hoping for is some gameplay of Beyond Good & Evil 2 from Ubisoft. I think perhaps there will be at least one jaw-dropping announcement from one of the companies. As for which, it could be any of them.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:11 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Nintendo gonna be hype. Splatoon and Smash tournament, more smash info, demo after e3, and learning about the new Pokemon game.

Comment about pokemon leaks:
Shame that the new pokemon game is just a bunch of gen 1 nostalgia pandering. Kinda disappointing but I'm glad it leaked early so I'm not looking forward to anything Pokemon wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
IT'S WHAT!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 am 
"Get a load of this!"
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
I can't afford new games anymore so I just ignore E3.

except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
PRIME 4
PRIME 4
PRIME 4
PRIME 4

...smash is okay I guess and comes out every system or whatever and pokemon is either going to be trash, based on the leaks or completely different than the leaks so I can’t speak on it, butttt...

PRIME 4
PRIME 4
PRIME 4
PRIME 4

And hey, if we’re lucky, that PS4 Spider-Man game will have actual real live gameplay shown at e3 instead of a bunch of quick time events this time!