"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
It's 5, topic over.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:48 pm 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Gameplay-wise, I enjoyed 2nd the most, although I know that's a very popular contrarian opinion.
When it comes to style and presentation, 3rd and 7th respectively, with me leaning closer to 7 because I love Lycanroc, Litten, and Alolan Vulpix (plus Braixen and Sylveon from the previous gen).

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:11 pm 
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
7 had a good idea but turned it into more generation 1 pandering. 3 at this point in comparison to the other generations was middling to me

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee

I found Omega Ruby to be disappointing for a reason.

XD and Colosseum were better, and so was the quality of the brass section.

In-game artstyle was also more pleasant.

And there's FireRed and LeafGreen if you're all about yelling on how great R/B/Y was.

I also found 2 extremely pleasant to play, Stadium 2 is a really good companion to those games.

- - -

As for 5...

I don't even remember much about it. I just remember:
- That cool animation at the beginning that made it seem like the game would have way more cutscenes like it

- The Whiny Green Hair Dude who spoke like an out of place Kingdom Hearts character and Cheren said talked too fast

- The Gun Pokemon Possession Rights Critic who had an extremely valid argument but passed that over to be a villain that a Gun Pokemon Possession Rights Advocate would use as an example

- You couldn't get Zoroark (so like one of the top 10 Pokemon available design-wise) normally in the first game

- There was an easy mode but you had to beat the game first so there was really no reason for it to exist

- There was also a hard mode, but if you had Pokemon White you couldn't use it normally, and you still had to beat the game first.

- Someone tried to kill you 'n stuff in 2.

- Someone used a Poke Ball jammer and that was nice

...but that game's box legend was weaksauce with its normal level up moves so it didn't really matter

- Colress or whatever kept trying to tap in to latent Pokemon power but never actually did anything unlike Pokemon XD I might add

- Triple Battles and Rotation Battles had no substance in them

- That Reshiram and Zekrom were proven to be the first mediocre BST 680 legendaries made, in the first in-game battle with them.

- And lastly, the fact to this day, no one actually knows what the Pledges do, nor cares

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:16 pm 
"Get a load of this!"
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
III for reasons already stated.

Nothing the Pokemon series has done since can match the awesome experience of exploring the Pokemon world across the GBA and GC titles. Something essential was lost when wifi trading became a thing.

except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
From an objective standpoint, Gen 7.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 pm 
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
@Paintbrush
Plasma was a PETA knockoff, no gun allegories
"- The Whiny Green Hair Dude who spoke like an out of place Kingdom Hearts character and Cheren said talked too fast"

I refuse to let N be a negative factor of generation 5 by anyone.

All things considered for gen 3, you would need six games (FR/LG, R/S, and Colosseum/XD) for a full pokedex. Besides how great the gamecube games were, and how welcomed the remakes were, other generations wound up doing better in one metric or another. 4 brought the special/physical split and evolutions of previous pokemon, 7 emancipated the hm slaves, and 5 all around had two great postgames in each one while also giving you the option to fight against every single champion and gym leader in a battle facility that didn't waste your time and gave you a fighting chance to cash in. As well as the gameplay which instead of recycling old pokemon made you use the new ones found in Unova for B/W before B2/W2 made the selection you got into the best selection and team building since generation 4 itself.

Everyone wants a new console game as great as Colosseum and XD, but you need more than that in my opinion for a pokemon game. You especially need more than generation 1 pandering or else Pokemon going to go down the classic sonic route of not being able to let go of the past and move on.

There were things that could have been expanded upon more in gen 5, but I've seen way more missed potential out of the rest of gen 3.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
N wasn't inherently bad. That's just how I remember him.

Additionally, wasn't Ghetsis' plan basically to take away everyone's guns, and then abuse the fact he was the only one with guns left?

- -

Also, you only need 4 games to complete the Pokedex in Gen 3.

Sapphire (or Emerald), LeafGreen, Colosseum, and XD, mostly due to the contents of XD. Your point still stands however.

I just find 3 inherently more fun to play through, since I keep replaying XD and Emerald even more than I play Gold version.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:24 pm 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Foive, but I generally like 4 onward though. Can't stand first 3. Also N's cute

Arianna#5279

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 pm 
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
That was right Paint, my bad