It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Doom Topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:51 am 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Doom 3 Isn't Valid

What's Doom? Grandaddy of every single FPS you've seen and played is what it is.

Here's a peek at how much fun I have with it

Post subject: Re: Doom Topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:01 am 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
I loooove DOOM, and other DOOM-based WADs. I come back to it just about every year, much like Half-Life. Sometimes I'm in the mood or the original DOS version of doom, sometimes ZDoom that supports native reses and full 3D rendering (among other goodies), and other times, I go all-out and play Brutal DOOM. I'm still dying to play DOOM 2016. I haven't been able to due to being broke and having a shoddy laptop.

Also, Goat, you should definitely consider getting the Arachno Soundfont. It makes those DOOM midis in-game sound killer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:09 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Okay I wasn't expecting a topic about DOOM but I love DOOM, it's not just one of the earliest FPS's, it's one of the most "videogamey" videogames I played.
It's got power ups, varied weapons and enemy types, secrets, everything.
Also appreciate the fast running speed let's you play at whatever pace you feel like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Expect the unexpected; that's what we're all about :love:

I love Doom, growing up around when it was released was great, everyone had that certain weapon they wanted. I also totally love the modding or whatever you call it community--I'm not super duper technology lass (I'm an English major and I could teach that or literature so if you need someone to tell you why Pride and Prejudice or Alan Moore's Swamp Thing means something then I'm your girl)--for adding stuff to the original and doing things with the game that were just elementary school conversation for me.

Also I like the recent reboot. It's a modernized take and maybe less challenging, but I was impressed, especially at the length of the campaign alone and the attention to detail in trying to like replicate the "videogamy," as Dust put it, feel

Arianna#5279

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:55 pm 
"This was fated to happen."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Real quick though can you tell me if I'm allowed to talk about the newest DOOM? Cause that was perhaps one of the best games I'd ever played at the time. A solid campaign that was just no nonsense, enemies that scared me and encouraged me to keep moving (aka what DOOM is all about), one of the best metal soundtracks I've ever heard, etc etc etc.

The game is a straight up masterpiece and completely encapsulates what the original DOOM was all about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:31 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Quote:
Real quick though can you tell me if I'm allowed to talk about the newest DOOM? Cause that was perhaps one of the best games I'd ever played at the time. A solid campaign that was just no nonsense, enemies that scared me and encouraged me to keep moving (aka what DOOM is all about), one of the best metal soundtracks I've ever heard, etc etc etc.

The game is a straight up masterpiece and completely encapsulates what the original DOOM was all about.
Yeah, DOOM 2016 was a perfect game pretty much. Gameplay was great, speed was great, the game looked amazing for what it was and ran buttery smooth outside of 40 enemies on my screen. I was against the Glory Kills at first, but once I found that the devs intended for the player to constantly be moving it made total sense to me, even if it did make the game easy even on Ultra-Violent I still had my fun. I'm happy it ended on a cliffhanger and I want to see what they'll do in the next DOOM (and what they'll name it).

BFG Division is still a piece of the OST I listen to all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 am 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Yes Nano, Doom 2016 is amazingly great, I have it on the PS4.

I only said Doom 3 wasn't valid.