SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So, Touhou
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:44 pm 
"I'm not what you think I am..."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Touhou, if you haven't heard of it, has a very, very big and very, very active fanbase.

There is an utterly ridiculous amount of fan-made content in the forms of other games, not to mention various other media such as artwork, music, stories and even a fan-made anime (which I haven't seen).

As a very, very big fan of the series as a whole (but especially a selection of RPGs made by fans) I thought I'd open up a topic for discussion on it.

So!

Let's talk Touhou!

It's got a lot of appeal, from the bullet hell gameplay to the adorable girls to the intricate setting.

Worth mentioning: it seems to me a lot of LGBT folks (myself included) find themselves drawn to it. Heck, I'm pretty sure all my friends are very into it. :nomad:

Also worth mentioning: Today is Youmu Day so I'm retroactively making this post in her honor as well!

Post subject: Re: So, Touhou
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:02 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Never really played much of Touhou, but I still like it. I find the fan videos incredible, but the Japanese are very good at making fan videos for stuff, the FKMT videos are amazing as well.

Clownpiece is my favourite 2hu.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:36 pm 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road

Nitori, Hecatia, and Ran are my favorites

I got my ass kicked in the maingames and made a genuine attempt at EOSD and didnt bother past stage 4.

I decided I can be a filthy secondary and enjoy the fan content, manga, videos, music, and fangames instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:38 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I love Touhou!! Youmu's my fave, if the avatar wasn't any indication.

As someone who's terrible at the main games, I love playing the official fighting games a lot! They're super simple to get into and the characters are lots of fun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:59 am 
"Master registration... Deleted."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I'm casually into it and am not very familiar with most of the newer or less popular girls.

I own Mountain of Faith, have played trials of other games, and at one point played the PC98 games. Though I haven't actually completed any of them. I'm also familiar with the fighting games, but that's because iirc they're by the same people who made Eternal Fighter Zero.

I'm just not good at video games.

But I am into Touhou MMD! I personally want to make low poly models of some of the girls once I learn how to rig a skirt and hair. Probably Alice first :3

When it comes to the music, I'm gonna have to say Lotus Land Story and Mystic Square are my favorites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:00 am 
"Ascension!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I haven't played the series in a while but I was pretty into it a couple of years ago. I haven't played much of it though, only Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night so far. I 1CCd the first two on normal difficulty and tried my best to beat Flandre, but after about 5 or so game overs on her final phase I gave up. I like the games, but I'm pretty out of the loop in terms of the fandom stuff other than some of the more memetic aspects like Cirno.

I genuinely enjoy bullet hells more than most other kinds of shmups even if I'm not particularly good at them. Feels amazing when you get in the zone and manage to actually dodge the giant kaleidoscope-looking bullet patterns with relative ease. Perfect Cherry Blossom is my favourite game just for additions such as the visible hitbox and enemy marker at the bottom of the screen and Sakuya's always been my favourite character, so glad she's playable in Perfect Cherry Blossom. I even drew her once, but uh, don't mind the rest of the garbage going on in this drawing. It was a dumb inside jojoke with friends that was funny at the time: http://kawaiicorruption.tumblr.com/image/172674601866

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 pm 
"I'm not what you think I am..."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
very good to see we have a few fellow touhou fans here~

oh, for the record i have a very large list of favorites for touhou but to name a few:

1. Yamame
2. Youmu
3. Sakuya
4. Nue
5. Mokou

also i'm uncertain of my favorite game but i've made it to the final bosses of both eternity of scarlet devil and perfect cherry blossom though i've yet to beat a single one outside the fighting games.

i'm very good at labyrinth of touhou though! if we count fan games that's my favorite.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:29 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
STILL.
CAN'T.
BEAT.
SAKUYA.
:mad:
SEND HELP.

Yeah, the fan content is incredible (or at least nostalgic).

Shmups aren’t my type of game, but Touhou is essentially part of the internet by now.
Perhaps because of this, I do play EoSD from time to time; it brings back memories.
Heh, you can still enjoy the fanart and music either way. Touhou is the 'early internet' incarnate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road

Anyone else get around to playing Touhou Puppet Dance Performers: Shard of Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:58 am 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
What is a good place to test the series waters? I always wanted to try.

Annasaurus#5279