SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rhythm Games.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:57 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Writing this while listening to the Gitaroo Man OST, but anyhow what are some of your favourite rhythm games?

I personally love rhythm games even if I'm slow on playing them all (I've yet to played Rhythm Heaven Silver) my favourites are definitely Rhythm Thief, Gitaroo Man and Rhythm Heaven with links to my favourite parts of the game.

It's a shame rhtyhm games aren't more popular, they're some of my favourites to play. I've yet to try Parappa and really want to retry Elite Beat Agent since I kinda didn't care for it back when I was a teenager. I tried Osu and Guitar Hero, but they were never my kind of games. I also really liked Daigasso Band Brothers for the DS and the sequel to a lesser extent.

How about you guys, what are some of your favourite Rhythm Games?

Post subject: Re: Rhythm Games.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm 
"I'm not what you think I am..."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
project diva is not a rhythm game, it is a way of life

F and F 2nd are pretty much my favorite rhythm games of all time, nearly everything about them is perfect. actually, i'd even go so far as to say they're some of my favorite games of all last generation

also a huge fan of space channel 5, especially the first one :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm 
"We all did it together!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Quote Nectar Hime :
also a huge fan of space channel 5, especially the first one :happy:
Ah yeah same here, bought it last year for £10 CiB which was nice. It's a tricky game to get into because it feels like a lot of the inputs are off by a second, so it takes a lot of replaying to get a decent score.

I should get back into it because I did enjoy the game for what it was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:49 pm 
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
yeah, the timing is very strict and it can be exacerbated if you're playing on an HD set without VGA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm 
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
reaaaaaly big on project diva but also a big fan of deemo. im getting into bang dream as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 am 
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
i really enjoy gitaroo man, rhythm heaven, and project diva too although i haven't checked out the port of the arcade game yet. final fantasy theatrhythm is another one of my favorites, it's just unlike osu! enough to where i can enjoy it :sad: the same goes for love live school idol festival on ios, although anime girls are as equally a big a draw as the gameplay is lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Pop'n Music's the best and I love it. I played so much Pop'n Music 2 on my Dreamcast at the start of the year that eventually my Dreamcast Pop'n controller stopped responding properly (the buttons were already sticking a lot when I first got the controller so this wasn't helping). If it wasn't for that I'd still be playing it, I adore 2 and find it super satisfying. I've got Pop'n Music 14: Fever on the PS2 but that game is crazy hard and I can't play it for the life of me. I've been meaning to find a replacement for my rhythm game fix (whether that be another game or another Dreamcast Pop'n controller) since.

Other than Pop'n, I also enjoyed Space Channel 5. Rhythm Heaven Fever on the Wii is pretty excellent too, and Parappa the Rapper, while super dated and not great by today's standards, is hilarious fun with the freestyle rapping and bizarre cutscenes. I also have Samba de Amigo ver 2000 on the Dreamcast with the maracas, and I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong or if my maracas are slightly faulty, but I can not get a feel for the controls at all, they feel extremely imprecise and unreliable. I think part of the problem is that I'm right between two of the height settings you're given at the start when the game asks you to select your height, so neither of the options really accurately reflect my actual height. I've also played a bit of Project Diva at friends' houses. I'm not a vocaloid fan but the games are really solid regardless.