Anime technically counts so I present the entire OST from Darling in the Franxx

Post subject: Re: Japanese Music
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:38 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
There's two Japanese bands that I keep on my iPod:

1. Yum!Yum!Orange
I found them back when I would listen to an intentional ska radio station while showering, and their song Precious Days stood out to me. I managed to collect most of their discography, and they're just fun to listen to. They also exposed me to other Japanese ska bands, which no one else has really stood out, but I'll never forget the name Snail Ramp.

2. ARB
I only have their two disc greatest hits, but ARB is a satisfying way to be a weeb without it being obvious. The anime Mawaru Penguindrum features female idol covers of the band's exciting rock music. Rock Over Japan is likely the most recognizable, but a lot of their songs that use English words are especially fun like Standing on the Street. Though half their songs are ballads for some reason.

ARB's existence is funny because Penguindrum's music is detected automatically on YouTube, so you're forced to listen to the ARB versions of song unless you can handle pitch shifted versions of the anime covers. Also their band's name is officially "Alexander's Ragtime Band" which is absolutely irrelevant.

--

I also recently saw the band fhána live at Anime Central in Rosemont, IL. Aside from having to sit through the music videos for Aozora no Rhapsody and World Atlas alternating like ten times while the room filled up, they put on a really good show! But we did spend some time during the show to figure out where Yuxuki Waga got his shirt, and it was a black version of this shirt that costs 65 USD.

I also just realized I've seen Deadlift Lolita live! Ladybeard and Reika Saiki were at Anime Midwest last year. I'm not as into their music, but they bring a positive message and have cute wrestling skits.

That's as into Japanese music I get without it being strictly for being a weeaboo. I'll just mention that I love the music in Anonymous Noise (Fukumenkei Noizu), but I also just love that series in general.

>(' u ')<