SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:39 am 
"Jackle, the Mantle"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Opinions of NJoD as a game (especially compared to Into Dreams) aside, one thing that people often wonder- Is JoD a Prequel, Sequel, or a Alternate Universe (aka occurring the same time as NID)?
I'm pretty sure canonically it's a Alternate Universe occurring the same time as Into Dreams, but what's your favorite theory/idea about it?

I personally like the idea that Journey of Dreams is a prequel to Into Dreams. Here are some things I have noticed that could go with this theory.
1. NiGHTS in this game will let you approach and leave in the main world. In Into Dreams, after a certain amount of this, they will refuse to approach and dualize. It's as if NiGHTS learned that humans can be mean and has decided that they have had enough with visitors after awhile.
2. Persona masks are needed to transform into some forms (dolphin, rocket, dragon), meanwhile they're not needed at all on Into Dreams. Although a rocket or dragon form isn't used in NID, Nights turns into a mermaid- which has a tail similar to Dolphin. A possible stretch, but the minor similarity in Dolphin and Mermaid do make me think that NiGHTS learned enough to stop using the masks for travel.
3. Bosses, while still enjoyable and challenging as is, appear to be 'weaker' or 'related' to the bosses in NID. Donbalon is simply a male Puffy, Girania looks like it might be in Gulpo's family, Chamelan might have been a prototype Jackle (as Jackle never showed in JoD, they could, possibly, haven't been created yet), and Bomamba could have tended to Clawz in some way.
4. Reala, in JoD, spent a lot of time talking with NiGHTS, requesting/demanding they return to Nightmare without issue. At the end Reala is beyond frustrated and is ready to taken on NiGHTS once and for all. In NiD, Reala simply tells NiGHTS "Come on, NiGHTS" (confirmed to be what the nightmaren speak is, not 'There is no NiGHTS' or actual Japanese) and goes for a 1 on 1 battle. No gimmicks with balls, but full on paralooping, which apparently kills or warps away Nightmaren/Nightopians.

Your thoughts on the theories relating to NiGHTS?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:56 pm 
"You're not even good enough to be my fake."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Interesting theory.
I personally don't play NiGHTS (Played it about 2 times and thought it was boring) but i would love to see people's theories about this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 pm 
"Jackle, the Mantle"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
While there is evidence that JoD is a prequel, I believe it’s in a alternate universe ( but like not an alternate universe. I’ll explain), mainly because of the endings of both games.
It seems like NiGHTS effectively dies at the end of both games, but I’m pretty sure NiGHTS just won’t exist in the minds of the four child protagonists.
I think there are other people in the human world who the Nightmaren try to steal Ideya from. The ones with the Ideya of Courage are the ones NiGHTS is able to Dualize with to get their Ideya back. Every time this happens, they defeat Wizeman and keep their dreams safe forever. Rinse and repeat for anyone with the Ideya of Courage. My personal headcanon is that the human world in the Sonic games is the human world in the NiGHTS games, but I could be wrong.