SEGA Carnival Website •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
As the title says, what classic SEGA games would you want to see revived and ported to modern consoles? Of course SEGA doesn't exactly have the best track record with amazing ports, but hey, we can always hold out for a once in a blue moon Sonic CD tier port. Also, what tweaks would you like to see made to improve the game?

My most wanted without a doubt is Jet Set Radio Future. It really bugs me that it was an Xbox exclusive because it was the only reason I kept my Xbox around as long as I did. Nothing against it, but it's not particularly necessary for me for the most part when I also have a Gamecube and PS2. My number one most wanted gameplay tweak would be to include a fully controllable 3D camera, as opposed to the original Jet Set control scheme of "press a button and the camera snaps behind you and that's the only control over it you get". JSRF is such a gorgeous looking game and it destroys me that I don't have the camera control necessary to get a really good at a lot of the beautiful art direction and attention to detail. The fact that the original Jet Set Radio got ported gives me hope for Future at least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 am 
"I'm not what you think I am..."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I've got a few! There's of course Phantasy Star which has been ported and remade a few times but I'd love a new version for modern consoles/PC. Also Vay on Sega CD which has a smartphone port but an actual remake would be cool.

Shining in the Darkness would also be great, a remake of that on 3DS would be really good, I think.

That said, there's an RPG by the name of El Dorado Gate that was released for Dreamcast in the form of multiple disks featuring different scenarios, I've wanted to play it forever but haven't ever had the chance. I'd love a remade form to finally experience it, if not a translated port.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:30 am 
"You're not even good enough to be my fake."
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Sonic Battle for mobile devices P L E A S E SEGA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
What I'd love is a PC Version of Jet Set Radio that have Japanese and English voices in their respective areas in the game like with De La Jet Set Radio. I'm sure there's some modding you can do to pull this off, but an official release with this feature on the PC would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 am 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I kinda want a re-release of Jet Set Radio, if only because it'd be super convenient for me on a console with button remapping. It's really hard to master with my essentially crippled hands as is. That and Skies of Arcadia because I didn't even know the Dreamcast existed until I was older so I missed a lot. I think Eve pretty much covered anything else I'd want.

Arianna#5279

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 pm 
"Get a load of this!"
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
Quote NightmareCxt :
Sonic Battle for mobile devices P L E A S E SEGA
Sonic Battle with online competitive play and way to actually trade skill cards with people would be cool.

except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Sonic Battle Mobile sounds...

Annoying.

Not because I'm scared of microtransactions (But I can see it now, "Pay $5.99 to unlock Strength Support 9. Pay $0.99 to unlock Cream Color 2. Would you like to buy more Skill Points?"), but because I tried playing Sonic Battle on a tablet once.

Long story short, not having physical shoulder buttons prevents you from having any fun with the game.

However, a Switch port/remake or one for modern consoles in general would be nice.

Sonic Battle deserves a separate sequel entirely I say though.
I'd still play an official phone port if it has online play anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:16 pm 
"Jackle, the Mantle"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Mobile Chao garden. Or SA2 on switch